Tuesday, February 2, 2010

You are the Sea


A new song by the band Geology (Greg Jehanian of mewithoutYou) sparked an intersting and beautiful concept in my mind. The line...


"You are the sea to which the river that I am flows, and it's alright"

...is sung repetitiously. What beautiful imagery. God is the sea, and we are rivers flowing from him and to him. All rivers flow from the sea, and towards a sea. In other words, our lives come from God, and head back to him. The terrain around us alters our course through life, but to him we will return.







3 comments:

jane said...

I like that.

Wimer said...

ever seen andy goldsworthy's work? the line is ever so present, your photo reminded me of some of his pieces... nicely written

nathan.omalley said...

Thanks Wimer,

I just noticed your comment on this post right now...maybe I should write more, and actually check to see if people commented on my posts :)

I'm glad you liked it, it's such beautiful imagery.

I have never heard of Andy Goldsworthy, i'll have to look him up!

About Me

My photo
myspace.com/ahandfortheweather